Saturday, July 31, 2010

beautiful day in florence

today has been a full, productive, beautiful, exhausting day

it began with a tour of the uffizi gallery...oops forgot the churc of s. remigio including the bancaddi chapel, then the palazzo vecchio, the basilica of santa croce and its leather works shop...waited 30 minutes for shop to open...didnt buy a thing...the museum bargello, basilica of san lorenzo and the san lorenzo market, the central-food-market...il duomo-THE cathedral here.

also teh chapel of the medicnis...the most beautiful dome seen thus far, the convent of san marco....fabulous frescos...one in each cell, the galleria dell accademia....including michalangelos david....

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and happy for you as you make this journey. And you obviously need me there to help you make purchases because we never would have gotten this far without souveniers!!! I love you and I think about you every day! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend. It's been a few days since I've checked in on you, but I've been thinking of ya. Your blog is bringing back so many memories for me, and I know you'll hold yours as dear as I do mine. As for 'where is Rann?'....exactly where you should be! As an aside - my apartment in Sweden had the shower over the toilet too -- if only I had your advice then.... haha

    ReplyDelete